The HCMC Concessional Licensing Scheme allows members to register their road going Historic, Post Vintage, Vintage and Veteran motorcycles at a greatly reduced annual rate, subject to certain restrictions as follows:
· To have a bike on concession you must be a financial member of an approved club. If you do not renew the club is required to advise the Dept of Transport and the concession will be cancelled.
· Your bike must be listed on a register maintained by the club
· must be 25 years or older and not modified in any way from original meaning as manufactured, ie no 1925 Cafe Racers, or chopped Honda 4’s.
· You can only use your bike for an approved club run, details must be recorded on the clubs run register.
· You can use your bike on any run organised by an approved club providing that club records the event on their run register and you are accepted as an entrant.
· You test your bike within a 20km radius of your house or take it for repairs.
· You cannot use your bike to commute to your place of work or for general use.
· The licence must be carried at all times.
· You must display a plate above or below the number plate denoting the class of concession i.e Vintage, Post Vintage or Historic.
More details are available in this D.O.T. document.
If a member fails to abide by the rules and is caught doing so, it may threaten our right to have this scheme in operation, so please use this privilege responsibly.
Please contact Paul Barfoot or Ken Vincent – our club Concessional Licensing officials – for further information or to register, their details are on the clubs “Contacts” page